From 1 Nov – 22 Nov 2020, for applications to Citibank credit cards, new cardholders will receive a set of Apple Watch SE worth S$419 or S$300 cash upon activating and spending within 60 days of card approval.
This is a good opportunity to combine this promotion with the new Lumi Health tie-up between Apple and the Health Promotion Board where you can earn up to $380 worth of rewards over two years similar to how AIA Vitality works.
The cards that qualify under this promotion are:
Citi Cash Back+ Card
- 1.6% unlimited cashback with no caps
- First year fee waiver (S$192 per year)
Notes: I wrote about this card in a review. I generally like it because it’s quite straightforward to use – spend and get cashback – there’s no hidden and funny clauses like you can only spend on this category. When I first signed up they were dangling an offer that rewarded new signups with $350 instant cashback via PayNow, so I guess this promotion comes as close to it.
Citi Cash Back Card
- 8% cash back on Dining at restaurants and cafes
- 8% cashback on Groceries at supermarkets and grocery stores
- 8% cashback on Esso and Shell petrol stations
- Minimum spend of $888 per month required
- Cashback comprises of base cashback (0.25%, no cap) and 7.75% cashback on bonus categories above (S$25 per month per category cap)
Notes: I prefer the Cashback Plus card above even though the cashback rate is lower because there’s no minimum spend for qualification. But if you are able to spend $888 a month across those 3 categories (food, dining and petrol), then this card isn’t too bad.
Citi Rewards Card
- 10X Rewards (4 miles per dollar) on online and retail purchases for every $1 spent (excluding travel)
- Points expire in 5 years and there is a cap of 10,000 points per statement month
Notes: Good card to earn miles – 4 mpd is one of the highest miles earn rates for online and retail shopping. If you prefer miles over cashback then this is the card for you.
Citi Premier Miles Card
- Earn 1.2 miles per S$1 local spend
- Earn 2 miles per S$1 for overseas spend
- Earn 10,000 annual renewal bonus miles
- 2 free airport lounge visits per year
Citi Prestige Card
- 1.3 miles per S$1 for local spend
- 2 miles per S$1 for overseas spend
- Unlimited VIP access to airport lounges, free stay extensions at select hotels, 32 complimentary 1-way airport limousine transfers per year
- Up to 6 complimentary green fee rounds per year at select golf clubs
Notes: This card is for the affluent travel cardholder (min $120K income) who wants to pay annual fee of $535 for this card that cannot be waived. You get to enjoy premium travel privileges with this card on hand.
For most of us, either the Citibank Cashback+ Card or the Citi Rewards Card is the most obvious choice for this promotion – depending on whether you belong to the cashback or miles camp.
This promotion lasts from 1 – 30 November 2020.
Existing users get $30.